By Adnan Gill
Recently, the Indian Prime Minister Dr। Manmohan Singh labeled Pakistan to be the ‘epicenter of terrorism’. Is it true or a deliberate campaign to manufacture negative perceptions is in full swing? One way to answer the question is through a rhetorical question: do all the terrorists hold Pakistani identity cards, or are trained in Pakistan? Not at all! If the Indians choose to suffer from selective amnesia over their self-indulgences in terrorism (including state terrorism) then a brief introspective look should joggle their memories.Since Mumbai attacks, Indians are crying, the ‘sky is falling.’ As deplorable as the attacks were, they pale when compared to the Indian state terrorism and the pogroms regularly carried out by the Hindu extremists; which are arguably much worse than the isolated cases of terrorism. But God forbid if even a single crocodile tear is wasted on the victims of Indian sponsored terrorism, both within and outside India. Could it be true that India also has many skeletons in its closet that needs to be exposed too? At the forefront of Indian terrorism is its infamous intelligence agency, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
But before visiting the memory lanes, it might be prudent to familiarize ourselves with the definition of terrorism. The Webster’s dictionary defines ‘terrorism’ as: “the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.”
Following are some of most glaring examples of Indian terrorism:
1. In 1971, at the cost of thousands of deaths, India maliciously severed Pakistan.
2. In June 1984, during the Operation Blue Star, Indian army massacred over 7,000 Sikhs.
3. In November 1984, in New Delhi well over 3,000 Sikhs were cut to pieces by the Hindu terrorists.
4. In 1992, Hindu terrorist groups, such as VHP and Bajrang Dal, demolished the 500 years old Babri Masjid.
5. Since early 1990s, the Indian military systematically exterminated close to 80,000 Kashmiri Muslims.
6. During the last 20 years alone, thousands of Christians are butchered by the Hindu terrorists. A gruesome example of such atrocities stood out when Bajrang Dal’s terrorists burnt alive the Australian missionary and his two young sons.
7. In 2002, Hindu terrorists slaughtered some 2,000 Muslims in Gujarat. Sickening confessions of the VHP's leaders (e.g. Babu Bajrangi’s), responsible for the attacks, are available on the YouTube.
8. In 2007, over 60 Pakistanis were burnt alive in India. The gruesome massacre was the handy work of Bajrang Dal’s terrorist Lt Col Prasad Shrikant Purohit.
9. A brainchild of terrorist RAW, the globally known terrorist organization Tamil Tigers/LTTE was founded in 1972. To this day Tamils are funded, trained and armed by RAW. Its cadre are trained and provided safe-heavens in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
10. Just last September, VHP terrorists destroyed dozens of Christian churches. They also set a Christian orphanage on fire, and burned to death a 20-year-old Christian teacher.
Pick any of US State Department report on the Religious Freedom in India; one realizes, religious minorities in India had been systematically persecuted far worse than in rest of the world put together. The reports squarely blame the Hindu terrorist groups, like BJP, RSS, VHP and Bajrang Dal for gross human rights violations of the minorities (including Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and Dalits). If that’s not terrorism, then what is?
Since 1968, RAW had been intimately involved in everything that could be considered as terrorism. Its dirty deeds include, but not limited to: drugs trafficking, human trafficking, arms trafficking, coup d'etat in foreign nations, subversive activities, assassinations, nuclear proliferation, and downright recruiting, funding and training of exporting terrorists.
Some of feathers in RAW’s cap are: Creation and support of Mukti Bahini. Mujibur Rahman's assassination. Subversive activities and flagrant spread of terrorism in Sri Lanka. Subversive activities in the Raj of Sikkim. Could it be mere coincidence that dozen or so Indian consulates dot the Pakistani border with Afghanistan? RAW established terrorist training camps in Afghanistan to spread terrorism in Pakistan in general, and in specific to infiltrate terrorists in Balochistan and NWFP. Cultivated, nurtured and armed Burmese terrorist groups like the Kachin Independence Army. Subversive activities in Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet. Nuclear proliferation activities include smuggleing of flow meter units, and feed & withdrawal equipment for the nuclear centrifuge cascades. CIA mole in RAW, Rabinder Singh, who defected to the US with documentary evidence, confirmed RAW’s infatuation with terrorism.
Some Indian Chanakyas are working overtime to capitalize on the Mumbai tragedy by manufacturing a supposed war of civilizations. They want to divide the civilized world between the so-called murderous Muslims and a hapless troika of Hindus, Jews and Christians. If the objective of the Mumbai terrorists was to take on the besieged troika, they must have been out of their minds to spend so many resources to take on the Christians and Jews in India when they could have easily killed many more in Afghanistan, where all the help and resources are readily available.
Ironically, despite the bloodletting of hundred of thousands of minorities and foreign nationals, not a single Hindu or RAW terrorist could be found on UN’s, EU’s or even on US lists of terrorists. Conspicuously, not a peep could be heard from the so-called fair and balanced Indian and Western media, neither over the export of terrorism or the genocides that routinely take place in India.
During the last three decades, Pakistan has experienced more acts of terrorism than rest of the world put together. More Pakistanis had fallen to the terrorist attacks then rest of the world together. More Pakistani soldiers have sacrificed their lives fighting the terrorists (on RAW’s payroll) then all the NATO put together. Naturally, one has to wonder, is the bad reputation systematically forced upon Pakistan: a reality or a perception hyped by the enemies of Pakistan; especially, when their own record is arguably much worst?